The Elegant Apple Tart Recipe Must Have for Your Thanksgiving
This tart is a winning combination that will win hearts at your Thanksgiving dinner table.
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
• 4 1/2 cups Golden Delicious apples, sliced and peeled (about 1 1/2 pounds)
• 4 1/2 cups Granny Smith apples, sliced and peeled (about 1 1/2 pounds)
• 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• One-half 15-ounce package refrigerated pie dough
• 1 teaspoon ice water
• 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
» Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add brown sugar and 2 tablespoons granulated sugar; cook until sugars dissolve. Stir in apples and next three ingredients. Cover, reduce heat, and cook until apples are tender. Remove from heat.
» Preheat oven to 400 F. Set oven rack to lowest third of oven.
» Place the dough on a piece of parchment paper. Roll dough into a 14-inch circle. Place dough and parchment paper on a baking sheet. Arrange cooled apples in center of dough, leaving a 2-inch border. Fold the edges of dough toward the center, pressing gently to seal (dough will only partially cover the apple mixture). Brush dough with ice water, and sprinkle evenly with 1 teaspoon granulated sugar. Bake the tart for 45 minutes or until golden brown.